TYLER, Texas (KLTV) – A fire damaged the Sonic Drive-In on South Broadway Avenue early Monday morning.
According to authorities, the call came in around 5:30 a.m.
Several fire units arrived quickly at the scene in the 5600 block of South Broadway and were able to get the fire contained.
According to Tyler Fire Marshal Paul Findley, the fire started in the kitchen at one of the deep fryers and spread from there. The fryer did have an extinguishing system under the hood, which activated but failed to completely put out the fire. Findley said the Tyler Fire Department is checking cameras for more details on the cause and will release more information tomorrow.
Copyright 2023 KLTV. All rights reserved.